THE ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN PHYSICIANS IN THE AMERICAS (ANPA), was incorporated in 1995 for educational, scientific and charitable purposes as a tax-exempt non-profit organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
ANPA represents the professional interests of 4,000 plus physicians, dentists and allied health professionals of Nigerian birth, ethnicity or empathy in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean providing a platform for medical and scientific dialogue, on issues of health within North America, the Caribbean, and Africa, pertinent to persons of descent from the Nigerian Diaspora.
“A Healthier Nigeria in a Healthier World”
- To identify and stimulate interest in all matters affecting the health of Nigerians and provide the forum for debating evolving health issues in search for solutions
- To encourage the development of practical solutions to Nigerian health care problems through strategic initiative and field activities inside Nigeria
- To seek collaborative research opportunities in the international medical community and contribute to improved health care in Nigeria, the Americas and worldwide
- To foster personal and professional growth of its members through continuing education opportunities
Vision and Mission In Action:
- The Annual ANPA Conventions – We address current issues of healthcare in Africa including, but not limited to, HIV, women & children’s health, environmental health, education and training of physicians and other health workers.
- Our Medical Missions offer us the opportunity to provide free healthcare to the medically indigent, in rural parts of Nigeria, Africa, the Caribbean, and other needy regions of the world.
- Through our training initiatives, advisory roles, and active engagement with health workers and institutions, we help to develop critical skills and infrastructure needed to run an effective health service in Nigeria and other countries.
- ANPA was the first organization to provide internet connection to a number of major Nigerian Universities.
- Through social media and electronic communications, we engage in lively on-going discussions on current healthcare issues.
- We publish a directory and maintain a database of Nigerian physicians in the US, Canada and the Caribbean with the specialty and location of their practices.
- With over 4,000 Nigerian born or trained physicians in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean, ANPA’s Annual Conventions and local chapter activities provide forums to share our experiences and pool our expertise.
- We meet with African leaders and officials in charge of Health Care, such as the President of Nigeria, the Minister of Health and other senior government officials to offer recommendations to improving healthcare issues.