ANPA Current Projects
THE ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN PHYSICIANS IN THE AMERICAS (ANPA), Was Incorporated In 1995 For Educational, Scientific And Charitable Purposes As A Tax-Exempt Non-Profit Organization Under Section 501(C) (3) Of The Internal Revenue Code.
Networking Opportunities to serve member’s professional growth.
- Networking Opportunities to serve member’s professional growth.
- 5K Run Activities promoting individual well-being while raising funds for a designated local cause and ANPA national programs.
- Coat Drive for the poor.
- Mentoring and Youth Developments: ANPA mentors Health care professionals through residency, early professional life, through chapter collaborations and networking, professional programs and also through its collaboration with Mentoring in Medicine.
- Thanksgiving Feed the Hungry programs involving our children.
- Free Health Fairs open to the public.
- ANPA Golf fundraising Events to support our local and national charitable programs.
A philanthropic arm of ANPA with focus on promoting services pertinent to women and children. ANPA women work to support initiatives that are in line with the association’s mission. Widely popular and engaging, the Hat and Tea is a hugely anticipated part of the annual program. Some initiatives have involved donations of milk, water storage systems and money to motherless babies homes in Nigeria, specifically Enugu in 2016 and Abuja area in 2018; raising money to pay for continuation of services to rape victims at the Mirabel Rape Center in Lagos, in 2017.
ANPA will work alongside diaspora physicianss, pharmacists and nurses in this program created by the Federal Minister of Health, Prof. Adewole and Mrs Abike Dabiri, Presidential Adviser on Diaspora Affairs, to provide highly specialized care to designated centers of excellence in our country on a rotational basis.
As our Flagship program, we harness our talents and offer services to the indigent and undeserved in our country. This is demanding though richly fulfilling as we “giveback “to our communities from where we started in the first place. It has three components:
- Medical mission: We provide free medical, surgical and dental care to the underserved and indigent in the country.
- Continuous Professional Development/CME program: With the recognition of the medical talents in our organization, the Nigerian government designated ANPA as a National CPD provider to enable skills transfer and continuing education for our colleagues in Nigeria.
- Advocacy: We seek out and interact with the healthcare stakeholders in the government to lobby for and promote appropriate healthcare practices in the country.
Team Build and Collaboration with stakeholders in the healthcare sectors such as pharmacists and nurses have helped advance its goals to reach across the healthcare spectrum and bridge the healthcare divide. ANPA strongly believes that successful healthcare provision in the country can only result from the collaborative and synergistic engagement of various medical professionals working together while respecting each other’s role in the value chain, for the well-being of the patient who is at the center of care delivery.
Addresses the increasing incidence of burnout and stress management of our high-performing physicians as they manage the realities of the US workplace and shoulder the support of family and extended relations in and outside the US.
- The Trio led by Dr Charles Dike
ANPA Residency Preparatory Program(REPP)
Residency Preparatory Program(REPP): To enhance opportunities for our US and International Medical graduates to access residency training and transition into medical practice in the US, we provide mentorship and guidance for our candidates.
- International Medical Graduates (IMG) In partnership with UT Southwestern in the US. We provide CME credits to our conference attendees improving their professional growth. In Nigeria, we are certified CPD providers for the medical professionals.
- We collaborate with Nigerian Medical Schools and provide specialist resources for education and research training.
- Led by Dr Oranu Ibekie
ANPA/Edo State Medical Mission 2022
ANPA’s Flagship activity is Medical Missions to Nigeria to benefit the indigents. Sites “rotate” among the main geographical regions.
- ANPA has 2 types of Medical Mission: ANPA-Sponsored–ANPA organizes and pays for it, works with local partner.
- ANPA-Certified–ANPA lends its name and credibility to groups for mission.
- ANPA/Edo 2022 is an ANPA-Sponsored mission, partnering with EDSG.
- Over 60 Diaspora volunteers across many specialties went on the mission.
- Over 4,000 patients were screened for 2-3 weeks before mission started
- Over 6,000 patients treated during mission, 6 days plus extended care.
- Extended care to complete pending surgeries and more Eye care.
The Association Of Nigerian Physicians In The Americas
ANPA Current Projects
ANPA week is our annual trip to Nigeria where free medical and surgical care is provided to an indigenous population; continuous professional development training is imparted to the local medical staff; and health care advocacy is done.
Contribute and help save and improve the lives of thousands. Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org